Misconceptions about automobile accident and personal injury lawsuits in Rock Island County
After an accident, most victims are stressed and confused. They often wonder similar questions:
- What should I do?
- Should I call a lawyer?
- What should I say to my insurance company?
- Who should I speak to first?
- What happens if I have to go to court?
Many people have these essential questions, and have assumptions about the answers. These assumptions are often misconceptions about the events and actions typically taken by other parties following a car accident or other personal injury, especially about the legal process and pursuit of a Rock Island County personal injury lawsuit.
Common misconceptions about a Rock Island County injury lawsuit:
- My insurance company is on my side. Insurance companies are major businesses, whose primary goals are to make profits. Because of this, insurance companies are looking to minimize payments as much as possible. The assistance of an auto accident lawyer with years of experience dealing with insurance companies can help you to recover more for your accident and injuries, including compensation for lost wages and medical expenses.
- I have to accept the insurance company's settlement offer. Many people do not feel experienced or knowledgeable enough about the law to negotiate for better personal injury settlements in Rock Island County than the first one offered by the insurance company. A Davenport car accident attorney has the ability to successfully negotiate a better settlement.
- Hiring an attorney means that I will have to go to trial. Most auto accident lawsuits settle before trial. A reliable attorney can negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fair settlement. Your Rock Island injury lawsuit will only go to trial if attempts to negotiate a reasonable settlement fail and your lawyer believes you have a strong case.
- I cannot afford a good enough lawyer. Our Rock Island County personal injury lawyers possess the knowledge, experience, and resources to protect our clients' interests. We also offer a free initial consultation for personal injury clients, and you pay no fees unless we recover compensation for you.